Friday, August 12, 2011

"No Cavities!"

Back-to-school dental appointments for the kiddos today!

Nate was complimented several times on his brushing and flossing. I guess the Delta Dental Tooth Wizard that came to speak at Nate's school this spring had some impact! He's been very diligent in his plaque-fighting efforts ever since. ("Mom, I need more floss; I'm out!" "No, it's not time for my book yet, I haven't rinsed!" "Are my teeth shiny?")

As Dr. Scott was complimenting Nate on his teeth, he pipes up, "And I have big muscles, too. See!" Now imagine a lanky six-year-old reclined in the dentist's chair, wearing the too-big-for-his-face black plastic sunglasses to protect his eyes, very sincerely flexing his biceps for the female dentist and her female assistant. Then he continues in his matter-of-fact tone, "My muscles are even bigger than my Uncle Jeff''s." The whole office was cracking up!

Amelia had her very first visit today and did great. She had her teeth polished with a "tickle toothbrush" with birthday cake-flavored toothpaste and flossed with "silly string." She just couldn't get the second x-ray tab to sit in her little mouth without gagging. We'll try again next time. Ms. Meghan said Amelia had great teeth, too. Dr. Scott liked all the space between her teeth. ;)

They left with a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss sticks and two tokens to the GIANT PRIZE MACHINE in the lobby...a big hit with the kiddos! "Keep up the good work!" was their parting report.

No comments: