Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Early morning snuggles and bday greetings from Nate (5:50), Nate's meltdown (frustrated with Dad), Amelia's meltdown (she wanted braids), Woodcrest service, IHOP brunch--our 2 free "rooty tooty fresh and fruity" plates AND the "Happy Happy Birthday" song complete with ice cream sundae from the waitstaff (kids thought that was GREAT), J let me take a short power nap, fun Facebook greetings, and finally a home-cooked meal from my love--hand-squeezed margaritas, marinated shrimp on the BBQ, roasted brussels sprouts, polenta and red-velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (from scratch)! The kiddos sang "Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, you look like a monkey and you smell like one too!" Then they giggled and helped me blow my candles out. Finally, a quick walk and nice talk with Becca out in the fresh air around the Cosmo track. Thank you to Jason, Nate, Amelia, my friends and extended family for helping to make my day so special!

No comments: