Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"Real Life"

First Stop: Library. Oops!  It's too early to turn in our summer reading lists. But we're done. It's pretty easy to log hours on a roadtrip!  Nate did find a new Jack Prelutsky book, "Stardines" with more "Scranimals" and "Umbrellephant"-like creations. We enjoy his work along those lines. 

Power yoga with Amy Pescaglia at Wilsons's Forum today (the kid's love the playscape in the Kid Center). I love her class. It's reminiscent of Melinda's style in Okinawa when I first fell in love with the practice of yoga.  Oh, and for the record, I'm rocking the fore-arm stand these days!!  A development definitely due to Amy's positive encouragement. 

Home for a play date with Elliot. Both boys were excited because Elliot rode his bike over (by himself). I suppose they're getting to be that age!  The kids found a turtle at the creek in back, jumped on the trampoline, worked on Nate's fish PowerPoint show, played piano, ate a snack, rode bike and had a bay-blade battle (all in two-and-a-half hours!)!



Nate got his first stripe on his new green belt at taekwondo. (Since we were gone all week, he just received his belt last night!)  He was happy because he was FINALLY able to surprise me since I wasn't there. For the first time, I didn't stay to watch Nate. I dropped him off and Amelia and I went grocery shopping in preparation for the Breyen's visit tomorrow.  

Oh, and Amelia fell asleep studying Ninjago. Hah!  The joys of having an older brother!  :)

  


No comments: