Thursday, June 20, 2013

GNO and GSG

After we dropped off Nate at Summer Academy, Amelia and I made a library run to make mazes at their "amazing event" and to stock up on books, DVDs and books on CD for the road trip. Hmmm, I also saw my dentist--no cavities!!  Amelia watched Bubble Guppies in the room since none of my childcare options came through. She was great helper. On the way home she said, "Look, Mom!  I just saw the Pizza Hut owner driving his car!"  "You did?"  "Yes, it said 'Pizza Hut' on top of his car, so I think the owner is delivering a pizza to someone."  

A much-needed Girls Night Out at Flat Branch with Becca and Kate (hah! my third time there this week!!)!  It was a beautiful night on the patio with the fireflies flashing around us--and then the thunder and lightning started. The rain started seconds after we got in the car. Whew.

Poor Jason had to watch his Spurs lose to the Heat in a close Game 7 after a Game 6 that the Spurs should have won (twice).  Well, poor me, too. I had to sit next to poor Jason while he watched it. I think next time I will pre-order tranquilizers. ;)  It was a disappointing finish to their season.

But, after the game we shut off the kiddos lights...and reset all that's important in the world. 


No comments: